We see patients for general and complex surgeries. Some of the most common procedures we perform include:
- Colon surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hemorrhoid surgery
- Hernia repair
- In-office procedures, such as skin lesion removal
- Lymph node biopsies
- Mass excision, or benign tumor removal
- Port-a-cath insertion and removal
- Stomach, liver, esophagus, and pancreas surgery
- Weight loss surgery, including band, bypass, and sleeve procedures
When the need for surgery arises, it’s important to have expert surgeons perform the procedure. The team at Western Connecticut Medical Group Surgical Services in Danbury excels in four areas of surgical expertise:
- Bariatric (weight loss)
- Hepatobiliary (digestive)
This location offers patients streamlined access to care for all their healthcare needs. The team works together to provide comprehensive care for patients before, during, and after surgery.
The Center for Weight Loss Surgery at Danbury Hospital
Weight loss surgery is proven to help patients struggling with obesity achieve long-term weight loss. Weight loss surgery requires months of preparation and continued work to lose and keep excess weight off after surgery.
Adults who are obese are at increased risk for many preventable conditions, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer. Our dietitians, surgeons, doctors, and nurses want to help people in our community achieve and maintain long-term wellness.
Candidates for weight loss surgery must meet one of the following criteria:
- Body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- BMI of 35 to 39 with at least one related condition, such as sleep apnea, high blood pressure, or diabetes
We offer three weight loss surgery options:
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Adjustable gastric banding
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
Our weight loss surgery program is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). We earned this accreditation for delivering comprehensive, personalized weight loss solutions in concert with strict health and safety guidelines.