Our specialists focus on pediatric endocrinology and pulmonology, as well as diabetes-related pregnancy and fertility issues in adult women. Some of the services we provide include:
- Pediatric diabetes education and management
- Insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitors
- Gestational diabetes education and management
- Hemoglobin A1C
We also provide a range of diagnostic and testing services through our collaboration with providers at Danbury Hospital. Some of these include:
- Blood draws tailored to the unique needs of children
- Growth hormone stimulation tests
- Imaging, including CT scans, MRI, and X-rays
We subscribe to a translation service that connects our doctors and patients to more than 100 language translators who also are medical professionals. This ensures our patients and their families receive accurate health information and thorough answers to their questions.
Families have choices when it comes to their children’s healthcare. At the Children’s Health and Wellness Center, our providers specialize in the care of endocrine and pulmonary disorders in children, as well as gestational diabetes and diabetes-related fertility complications in women.
As an affiliate of Western Connecticut Health Network, our providers work closely with patients’ primary care providers, as well as specialists at Danbury Hospital to care for all their health concerns.
Some of the conditions our doctors commonly treat include:
- Asthma and other breathing disorders
- Growth disorders
- Diabetes, including in-office diabetes education
- Puberty disorders
- Thyroid conditions
- Treatment for hypercholesterol/prediabetes
Gestational and pediatric diabetes education
We provide comprehensive diabetes education for women, children, and families right here in Danbury. Our diabetes education program includes:
- Care for pregnant women with gestational diabetes
- Preconception and pre-in vitro consultations for women whose diabetes has complicated fertility
- Insulin pump therapy, including hands-on guidance for the family on how to use and maintain the equipment
- Glucose sensor initiation and interpretation
A key differentiator of our program is that we strive to conduct all diabetes care on an outpatient basis. We want patients to learn about and manage their diabetes in the comfort of their own homes rather than adding to their stress during an unnecessary hospital stay. While many centers require a two-day hospital admission for new diabetes diagnoses, we avoid hospitalization in our diabetes patients.