Our practice is located near Danbury Hospital, ensuring streamlined access to emergency and specialty care if the need arises. Services our patients can rely on include:
- Access to after-hours care, including telehealth, night nurse services, and early/late appointment availability
- Coordination of care, including transition out of the hospital
- In-office phlebotomy services
- Medication management
Our providers are as culturally diverse as our community. They speak multiple languages, including Bosnian, Croatian, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Sinhalese, and Spanish. We use electronic medical records (EMRs) extensively to ensure our patients receive safe, appropriate and timely care. EMR helps us securely communicate health history and medication information to patients, their families, and patients’ other healthcare providers.
Danbury Primary Care is a Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home, the highest level designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Our practice received this certification because we are dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care to our patients.
More than 15,000 patients are cared for annually at Danbury Primary Care and receive attentive, compassionate team-based care from knowledgeable providers. Many of our doctors, nurses, medical assistants, and administrative team members have served the Danbury community for more than a decade, allowing them to create long-lasting relationships with patients.
Adults in the greater Danbury community can access preventive healthcare and chronic condition management, including care for:
- Acute symptoms such as coughs, sore throat, and sinusitis, and minor injuries
- Behavioral health conditions, such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia
- Complex health problems, such as congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and stroke
- Diabetes management
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol