We care for the full spectrum of physical medicine conditions, and we offer a wide range of services and therapies. Some of these include:
- Acute and chronic pain management
- Electromyography (EMG), an electrodiagnostic evaluation and recording of electrical activity in the skeletal muscles
- Medical acupuncture
- Neurological and musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Rehabilitative spine care
- Spasticity management
- Sports injury rehabilitation
We also offer streamlined referral to specialists who can help with preventive healthcare, including smoking cessations and weight management services.
Adults in Danbury, Southbury, and Newtown can rely on comprehensive care from the specialists at Western Connecticut Medical Group Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Our doctors and care team are experts in restoring physical function to patients who have suffered injuries to their bones, ligaments, muscles, or nervous systems.
Some of the conditions we commonly provide rehabilitation for include:
- Back pain
- Cancer and cancer therapy side effects
- Concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Difficulty walking and falls
- Hand pain
- Nerve injuries
- Joint replacement
- Neck pain, including whiplash
- Neurological conditions including multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
- Spasticity and muscle pain
- Spinal cord injury
- Sports injuries
- Trauma and broken bones
Our specialists focus on healing the whole patient. Our Danbury office is co-located with Western Connecticut Rheumatology, allowing for streamlined access to specialists for additional care as needed.
We work closely with the Western Connecticut Health Network’s Rehabilitation Center in Danbury and Southbury to help patients optimize their function and tailor treatment plans to their needs. We also provide inpatient rehabilitation and advanced pain management therapies, including acupuncture, joint injections, fluoroscopically guided spinal injections such as epidural steroid injections, and nerve ablation techniques.