When a patient has an endocrine disorder such as thyroid disease or diabetes, education about the condition is as vital as the diagnosis. These diseases can cause serious health conditions if left unmanaged and often are associated with other health concerns, such as eye trouble, nerve problems, and unhealthy weight.
Adults in Norwalk can receive comprehensive care for a range of endocrine conditions, including:
- Adrenal disorder
- Diabetes: type 1, type 2, gestational, juvenile, and prediabetes
- Metabolic disorders, including calcium and bone metabolic disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Reproductive disorders, including PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer
We work closely with patients’ primary care providers to ensure their condition is well-controlled and that they’re receiving ongoing management of the disease. Endocrine diseases affect so many aspects of life and health that it’s vital all providers collaborate and are on the same page.
Patients have access to their electronic medical records (EMRs) through our online portal. Through the EMR, patients can send secure messages to their doctors, view their lab results, and manage other aspects of their healthcare. We also provide language translators as well, including American Sign Language interpreters.
Our doctors provide a range of endocrine care services, diagnostic testing, and education programs. Some of these services include:
- Diabetes foot exams
- Diabetes management
- Referral to Diabetes Self-management Education Program for diabetes education from Certified Diabetes Educators
- Ultrasound-guided thyroid biopsy