Some of the additional cancer treatments we provide include:
- Genetic counseling and testing
Patients can access streamlined care for all their health needs at Norwalk Hospital. A few of the many experts we partner with on-site include:
- Complementary medicine providers
- Social workers
- Breast cancer nurse navigators to guide patients from initial testing through rehabilitation
- Financial counselors for payment arrangements
- Palliative care specialists, who help reduce patients’ pain, manage side effects of cancer treatment, and provide family support
- Patient navigators
The physician specialists at Radiation Oncology at the C. Anthony and Jean Whittingham Cancer Center at Norwalk Hospital provide comprehensive cancer therapy close to home for people in Norwalk and surrounding communities.
Our radiation oncologists treat patients with all types of cancer using advanced technology, including:
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy (HDR)
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Partial-breast radiation therapy
- Radioactive implants
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
We approach cancer care as a team, including participation in tumor boards. In these meetings, our radiation oncologists discuss our patients’ complex tumors with Norwalk Hospital surgeons, medical oncologists, nurses and other specialists to offer the best treatment options.
Patients also can participate in clinical trials for new therapies at Norwalk Hospital. We follow comprehensive treatment and research guidelines from the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
All patients deserve accurate information about their care and thorough answers to their questions. We subscribe to a translation service that provides access to more than 100 language translators who also are medical professionals.