Some of the additional cancer treatments we provide include:
- Genetic testing
Patients have streamlined access to care for all their health needs at New Milford Hospital. A few of the many experts we partner with on-site include:
- Complementary medicine providers
- Social workers
- Financial counselors for payment arrangements
- Breast cancer nurse navigators to guide patients from initial testing through rehabilitation
- Palliative care specialists, who help reduce patients’ pain, manage side effects of cancer treatment, and provide family support
The physician specialists at Radiation Oncology at the Diebold Family Cancer Center at New Milford Hospital provide comprehensive cancer therapy to adults in our community close to home.
Our radiation oncologists treat patients with all types of cancer using advanced technology, including:
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy (HDR)
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Partial-breast radiation therapy
- Radioactive implants
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
We take a team approach to patient care, including participation in tumor boards. In these meetings, our radiation oncologists discuss complex cancerous tumors with New Milford Hospital surgeons, medical oncologists, nurses and other specialists to offer the best treatment options for patients.
Patients also have access to new therapies through clinical trials at New Milford Hospital. We follow comprehensive treatment and research guidelines from the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
All patients deserve to receive accurate information about their conditions and treatments, and to have their questions answered. We subscribe to a translation service through which we have access to more than 100 language translators who also are medical professionals.