Some of our cancer treatments include:
- Genetic testing
Patients have streamlined access to care for all their health needs at Danbury Hospital. A few of the many experts we partner with on-site include:
- Complementary medicine providers
- Social workers
- Financial counselors for payment arrangements
- Breast cancer nurse navigators to guide patients from initial testing through rehabilitation
- Palliative care specialists, who help reduce patients’ pain, manage side effects of cancer treatment, and provide family support
People with cancer can receive comprehensive radiation therapy close to home at the Praxair Cancer Center at Danbury Hospital. Our location provides streamlined access to specialists, primary care providers, and educational resources for the unique needs of people with cancer.
Our radiation oncologists excel in treating a wide range of cancers, using the most state of the art approaches to treatment. Some of these are treatments are also offered within our network at New Milford Hospital:
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy (HDR)
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Partial-breast radiation therapy
- Radioactive implants
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
As part of this team approach to care, our doctors participate in tumor boards. In these meetings, our radiation oncologists meet with surgeons, medical oncologists, nurses and other specialists to discuss complex benign and cancerous tumors. This combined expertise helps us offer the best treatment options for patients.
Patients also have access to clinical trials and new therapies at Danbury Hospital. We follow comprehensive treatment and research guidelines from the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
We want all patients to have their questions answered and receive accurate information about their condition and treatment. Our office subscribes to a translation service through which we have access to more than 100 language translators who also are medical professionals.